I can’t believe June is almost over! This summer is flying by already, before we know it’s going to be August and school will be in session again.
June was LGBTQIA+ pride month and so I did quite a few posts on the topic:
- Pride Month 2017
- How to be a good ally
- Self-expression after coming out
- Texas Attack on LGBTQ+ Community
- Should non-binary people identify as gay?
- Pulse Orlando
- Intolerance in the LGBTQ+ Community
- Having a political identity
- Religion and the LGBTQ+ Community
- Reclaiming LGBTQIA+ Slurs
Pride month is coming to an end, but for the LGBTQ+ community, pride never stops. Sure there won’t be a parade, or rainbows and glitter plastered all over advertisements, but we continue to celebrate who we are all year long. My LGBT posts may slow down a bit, but they won’t stop.
I hope everyone had an amazing pride month, whether you were able to/chose to celebrate or not. This year I’m going to my very first Pride parade, but it doesn’t take place until September, so for me and many others Pride is not over. I’m really excited to spend a day being surrounded by lot of love, acceptance, and community.
Did you celebrate Pride?